Many thanks to Richard Guest of The Future is Papier Mache (fab photography/gothic thriller blog with a dash of bookworks ) for nominating me for a Creative Chaos award. I especially like the Chaos part.
There are rules.
All of this is quoted from Richard’s blog. Scroll down for my answers.
Now for the ‘rules’ in accepting the Creative Chaos Award……As rather wonderfully written by the Delicious Dolly ( http://allaboutlemon.com/):
1. You must tell 3 completely weird things about your habits. If you claim to have no weird habits, you’re lying and we’ll have to send an investigative team for further analysis.
2. You must tell why you look at the “glass half full” scenario and ask “what? No coffee?”
3. Complete any one of the following essay questions:
A. You find yourself in a desolate place when your car breaks down. You have no cell phone service, no Walmart (I know, GASP, right?), and only a candy bar for food. It is 150 miles to the closest town. What color are your pants and why?
B. You find yourself having to ride an elevator quite frequently. How do you pass the time to show off your creativity?
4. Then you are to nominate 5 random people and let them know.
5. Make sure to show proper gratitude to the person who nominated you whether that is to shower them with gifts, prizes, and cash or to see that they are put into a clown costume and photographed for internet mocking.
6. Make sure to post the award somewhere other than the underside of the toilet seat.
- My habits:Hunching over the keyboard without getting up for hours on end. My ophthalmologist said this is contributing to my poor eyesight and suggested I drink lots of water (so I would be forced to take breaks). Hunching over the keyboard without getting up for hours on end and cooking dinner at the same time. This results in “internet cooking”. Walking to the studio/office as much as possible and taking a slightly different route each time. This keeps me awake to random beauty, and also counteracts the hunching over thing (just a bit).
- Glass half-full: I quit drinking coffee almost one year ago to the day. Does not compute.
- Black. Although lately I’ve taken a fancy to brown corduroy.
- FOR THE CREATIVE CHAOS AWARD I NOMINATE
in no particular order:
- Jah Doily– Doilies with a Rasta twist.
- Pasta Princess & More– Just found this food blog. Delicious.
- John Biehler Blog for the 3-dprinter updates. Geekdom at it’s finest.-
- Journeys of a Restless Mind by Janeen Armstrong which might now be Nina Turns40/50 She isn’t blogging a huge amount lately, but lots in the archives – photos, poems.
- And because lately I haven’t been reading that many blogs lately (and have lost links to the amazing illustrators, quirky artists etc that I used to follow) I will give a little shout out to this amazing press in Nova Scotia: Gaspereau Books Blog and their website. If you refresh their front page, they have gorgeous images of letterpress process and other goodies.